Monday, February 7, 2011

Day 7


Well I feel like my excitement for the "Love Me" project and the "Joy of Love" project is lacking. I know I have a tendency to claim failure when I miss a day or feel like I couldn't put my whole effort into something. On the food front, it's been days since I have packed a lunch, and looking back on the month so far, I don't know if I can say I have had a successful day. This is mainly because when I did have a good afternoon, I "celebrated" at night. I have still been using food, mainly sugar, to get me through the tough emotions of being a mom. With the photography, I am feeling dissatisfied with my images. I know I will always be my toughest critic, but I get tired of trying when sometimes I feel that I can't even frame the picture.

Joy of Love 07: generations

Todays subject was generations and it suggested postponing the day if family lived out of town. Mine does, though I have to admit we had a visit from some yesterday. But even if I had read ahead, I think the time would have been too crazy to get a picture. My parents don't like being photographed anyway. I still wanted to pick up my camera and mess around. Again, I'm not completely satisfied with the shot.

I have a love/hate relationship with m&ms. I have used them to numb my emotions so they have become a drug of sorts. I have avoided them for weeks at a time. This time of year is particularly difficult with all of the holiday flavors and colors. I love love love the mint m&ms for Christmas. And there is something about those red and pink ones that gets me every year (though when I really think about it, they are the ones that bring back the worst memories)...Right now I have a jar on my mantel to add some holiday color to the room, but I have been "treating" myself too often and "using" them in hard times.


No comments:

Post a Comment